BENEFITS OF HEATING THE BODY
This area is for information only, and should not be considered as medical advice. We are an information source only, and are making no health claims. This information is supplied so that you can make an informed decision. Please consult with your health practitioner before considering any therapy or therapy protocols.
- increased heart rate, causing increased blood flow especially to the capillaries near the surface of the skin
- increased production of white blood cells
- disabling & killing of microbes
- faster metabolic rate of nutrient assimilation & toxin removal
- muscle relaxation
- increased enzyme production
- decrease or elimination of pain in muscles, nerves & joints
- reduction & elimination of disease
You’ve just returned from a long, stressful day in the office & feel drained; or perhaps you are enduring muscle pain that just won’t go away. The gentle warming of the muscles through steam treatment, typically experienced using a home steam shower is increasingly found to improve your health & feeling of well-being.
In fact, steam benefits as associated with a steam room or steam shower have been known for thousands of years, where wet heat opens the pores of your skin to aid body detoxification.
A steam room or steam shower cubicle uses a steam generator that produces heated water vapor to fill the cabin to your chosen temperature. The warm temperatures inside the steam room causes skin pores to open, body metabolism to increase & subsequently results in the sweating process.
The steam unit is used to create water vapor at high levels of humidity. The heat & humidity may bring health benefits ranging from aiding stress relief, to body cleansing, to soothing aching muscles or arthritis. Different research & user studies show that the benefits of steam showers are numerous & may aid your bodily health by:
- rejuvenating, deep cleansing – hydrating the skin
- relieving the discomfort of asthma, allergies & arthritis
- reducing stress & the appearance of wrinkles
- relieving throat irritation by moistening the air
- relieving inflammation & congestion of upper respiratory mucous
- keeping mucous membranes from excessive drying, throat & lungs (natural expectorant)
- aiding against cellulite
- boosting your immune system & promoting antibody production
- enhancing the respiratory system
- helping eliminate toxins
- relaxing & soothing mind & body
- relieving stress & relaxing muscles
- relaxing muscles & relieving coughing
- increasing body metabolism
- loosening secretions & stimulating the discharge of mucous from the membranes